Tuesday, September 8, 2015

WELCOME HOME


     When I was a child I was gentle, kinda spacey, with a big imagination. Many years later, I notice that I am still gentle, and spacey, and my imagination is still active, imagining world peace and enlightenment for all. Between childhood and now, losing self in the world, and gradually, painfully, recovering that self in fuller appreciation of my unique original character and qualities. My mom would say, "Oh yes, you sure are a character".
     You are born with your true nature already present. You try to adapt yourself to fit in, to be normal, to meet others' expectation and to win their love. You lose parts of yourself, sometimes even forgetting who you really are. You get absorbed in external life, an endearing actor in your own play, trying to earn good reviews from the critics.
     And then, when it becomes too uncomfortable to pretend, you awaken again, and embrace your real self. You come home to reality. Who you are is really here and always has been here, since you were born. And so you live going forward, present to yourself and those you love, comfortable and courageous, unique and original. Yourself. Welcome home.



No comments:

Post a Comment