Tuesday, August 11, 2015

THE PURE LOVE THAT IS OUR HOME

     Most of us have at least one-- that difficult relationship that frustrates you, challenges you, baffles you, and puts you in touch with parts of yourself you don't like to deal with. Those kind of relationships always require you to look deeply, to feel deeply, into what the heck is really going on here. 
     Difficult person--have I forgotten that I freely choose to be in relationship with you? Perhaps our boundaries have gotten blurred. Am I struggling because I need you to like me, am I trying too hard to meet your expectations. Have I forgotten that I actually love you, and that you actually love me, but our stuff, our emotional needs, our egos have gotten in the way. I think there is something you are teaching me. I recognize that in trying to get closer with you I am learning a lot about myself.
     Healing in relationships begins when you outgrow your willingness to continue suffering with the same recurring patterns.
When you admit how much it hurts to be thwarted in sharing your
love, you can dig down deep into that love, and start to release the anger, blame, shame, fear and all the rest of it, that has been clogging up the plumbing of your heart. Let your love flow, and let that flow wash out the debris of past failures, losses, humiliations, and fears of rejection and abandonment. Let your love flow into the widening river of compassion and kindness, and enter the ocean of healing that awaits you. Here, your pain dissolves into
the pure love that is your true home.


No comments:

Post a Comment