Saturday, January 16, 2016

HONESTY


     There's a lot that I don't really know for sure, and I think the same is true for you. I try to share what I think I do know, and I feel good about that. But I don't know a whole lot about money, or surgery, or politics, or math. I don't even know for sure that my essentially buddhist philosophy is absolutely true.
     But there is a feeling that is certain, and I think you have this too. You know the feeling of love, and of genuine connection. And you know the experience of being here, in all the mystery and complexity and uncertainty of it. You know the intense desire to go deep into relationship, and to share your talents, even if you're not sure that you know as much as you need to know in order to be wise.
     And you appreciate the humble admission that you don't know everything, or even all that much. But you love being curious, and learning, and sharing whatever you can do, with a love that overflows your heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment