Monday, July 11, 2022

BEYOND WORDS

 BEYOND WORDS

     It's beyond words. This life, this reality, is very different than the words you might use to describe it. And yet we try. We write blog posts, we talk, we send greeting cards. Whole libraries and bookstores are filled with the attempt to describe the indescribable.

     My mind knows how to write. I am articulate and reasonably intelligent. In school I could do well in essay tests and english composition. And sometimes these Facebook posts almost write themselves. But, when I take a few deep breaths and go into the silence of my heart, and let my soul speak, a real voice is heard. Only the simplest words can express the purity and directness of this real voice. It seems to be the voice of everyone.

     You have your stories to tell. You have your unique experience of being you, your unique place and role in relationship and community. You have an identity and a purpose. And yet, like me,
your deepest inner voice is beyond words. And when your real voice speaks itself and reveals itself in action, only the simplest words are heard. Words like I love you. Words like I understand. Words like the silent song of your smile. And the silent light that shines in your eyes. Silent words. Words like releasing a breath in the sound "ah". Words like a kiss or a hug. Words that say "I am here with you".

     Embrace the ineffable. What more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment